Anthracite promotes higher service flow rates and longer filter runs with less head loss than single media filter beds. Backwash rates are reduced as well. Low uniformity coefficient anthracite filter media extends the life of your filter before the media must be changed out. Low uniformity coefficient anthracite typically produces consistent improvements in turbidity removal, due in part to more efficient solids loading. Plus, low uniformity coefficient media produces smaller changes in effluent turbidity during periods of peak influent turbidity. Our anthracite filter media is produced from the highest quality anthracite available to ensure the physical characteristics of hardness, durability and performance.
- Higher service flows and longer filter runs than equivalent filters
- Unique density allows Anthracite to be combined with other filtration media in multi-media filters
- Close attention to gradation, hardness and purity assures consistent and reliable performance
- Lower uniformity coefficient has less oversized and undersized particles resulting in a highly uniformed bed
- Color: black
- Bulk Density: 50 lbs./cu. ft.
- Specific Gravity: 1.6 + .05
- Effective Size: 0.60 2.30 mm
- Uniformity Coefficienty: 1.3 1.7
- Hardness: 3.0 3.8 (Mohs scale) Operational Specifications
- Bed depth: 24 36 in., 10 - 18 in. for multibed filters
- Freeboard: 50% of bed dept (min.)
- Service flow rate: 5 gpm/sq. ft. or higher depending upon local conditions
- Backwash flow rate: 12 - 25 gpm/sq. ft. depending upon mesh size
- Backwash expansion rate: 20 40% of bed depth